Membership of your local Self Storage Association brings a number of significant benefits. The exact membership offering does vary depending on the country you are in including but here is an indication of the services offered by most FEDESSA Associations. For more information on the benefits of membership, please take a look here below.
As a member you get a membership certificate for display in your facility.
- In collaboration with all its self storage associations and their member companies, FEDESSA produces an Annual European Report in conjunction with property advisers JLL. This report is produced with input from operators to help quantify the size and drivers of the industry across Europe.
- Free quarterly copy of the FEDESSA Magazine "Focus", the only self storage magazine in the UK and Europe. Focus includes established business profiles, industry innovations, marketing articles, legal topics, HR information, IT tips and general interest articles. In this magazine you will find as well information on upcoming events and important dates.
- Most of The Association keeps members up to date between the FEDESSA magazines with a monthly eNews, which contains quick business tips and any industry information and dates.
- Throughout the year, local Self Storage Association holds regional meetings giving access to self storage operators, suppliers and investors in their country.
- Each year, FEDESSA, with the help from the SSA UK, hold a European Conference & Trade Show. The conference is two full days of speakers, with a large trade show especially for self storage and plenty of networking opportunities both in the trade show and at the two evening meals. For more information click here.
- As member of FEDESSA, your business will also be listed on the website, providing direct enquiries for storage to your business on our Facility Locator. Access to contact details of fellow members & suppliers and their expertise on all aspects of the construction and operation of self storage facility.
- Access to specific Members' section containing up to date regulation and legislation information.
- Access and input to specialist advisory groups which consider industry specific issues e.g. fire safety, insurance, security etc. These often bring together the expertise and ‘firepower’ of the largest self storage companies.
- Support from your industry association and FEDESSA which has strong links with many government and statutory bodies and provide the latest advice and assistance when required, on anti-smuggling, anti-terrorist and anti-criminal activities.
- Access to industry guidelines and support on issues such as insurance, late payers and lien (non-payment) procedures;
- Use of the Association and FEDESSA logo on all letters, marketing and customer-related documents showing that the member meets the necessary standard required for membership.